Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pond

Acrylic on Canvas. 37" x 30.5".
Image by Ross Wilson, 2010.

Alright now I am all up to speed, no more past/future connundrums or such nonsense. And I think this is my favorite so far. I think I am getting closer to the Gogh. I love the way this pulls you into what really amounts to a tiny focal point for such a large picture, but if I were there I would totally walk down that path and take a dip. I tell you this looked like crap when I started and I figured it would just end up a complete mess, but I had this image in mind from the getgo and actually was able to capture it, despite starting off on the wrong foot. I really love the night-time scenery, I'll probably always be an evening person thanks to this frackin' insomnia. But ok, speaking of which, maybe someone who reads this can answer -
Is it still insomnia if you get your 6-7 hours of sleep but for the life of you can't fall asleep before 3 or 4? I mean when I have to work, those 6-7 hours get destroyed, but I always make up with a good 12-13 on the weekend. So it all ends up about the same I reckon. But I just have the hardest time crashing out before then, no matter how tired or how early I get up. So is that insomnia or what?

Anyways. . . there it is, my latest painting, I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm back to the East Coast for 12 days for my Grampa's 90th, so don't know how much painting or posting I'll get to do during that time. Maybe it's time to whip out the old sketchpad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment