Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Island Chain

Mixed Paint with Acrylic on Canvas. 29.5" X 20.25".
Image by Ross Wilson, 2010.

It's hot as sin out in Portland right now! They say there's always a few days a year where it gets to be unbearable, I guess this is it. Upper 90's. Still, glad I ditched the East Coast before their two month long heat wave. At least it's not so humid here. I don't do well in heat. Which is a shame, there's so many other parts of the country I'd love to spend time in, both the South and the Southwest have this incredible allure to me. I just don't think I could make it through the summer in either of those places. Anyway, in this unbearable heat, this just happened to come out, if I have to deal with this kinda heat, this is where I'd like to be. Secluded tropical islands with some cool ocean to dip into. With plenty of coconuts to eat, who needs civilization.

I started this working with out plethora of cans of house paint to get the basic idea down, then went into the details with acrylics. I think this is my most successful attempt at painting clouds so far! I just wish the sun wasn't so lopsided. Oh well.

I really wish I could dive into that ocean right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment